Thursday 17 March 2016

A description of before and after/mid-way pics



In some ways trying to live a healthy lifestyle or follow a diet is like having a job; in the best of all worlds it wouldn’t be necessary but the benefits of doing it (health/a pay check) outweigh the downsides (foregoing cheesy chips/having to go to work). 

In other ways they’re nothing at all alike; I left work last Thursday feeling a little overwhelmed by all that was on my plate. After a weekend doing nothing special (yummy pasta, more yoga than I can squeeze in during the week, seeing friends and family) I looked at my to-do list and felt supremely confident of conquering all the items on there. 

On the other hand I finished last week pretty happy with my sensible, healthy choices of the week before, but after a weekend doing nothing special (yummy pasta, more yoga than I can squeeze in during the week, seeing friends and family) and a couple of less than ideal scale responses I feel that I probably have hypertension already, and also that I should start checking out where the plus size stores in Dubai Mall are. 

In order to cheer myself up on Saturday and ‘screw [… my] colours to the sticking place’ for another week of good choices, I took some mid-way (not yet after!) pictures to compare against my before pictures. I was going to share them but I can’t figure out how to make them into silhouettes and I’m not going to inflict on anyone pictures of me in my underwear, I also think it might not be legal where I live! I honestly didn’t think there would be much of a difference but it’s amazing and I heartily recommend taking before pictures to everyone (painful as it was at the time!).

So this is just an update on the diet. I have so many leftovers for both fast and non-fast days, and I was out a couple of nights this week so the only thing I cooked was Martha Stewart’s lighter mac and cheese. Recipes to follow next week when I intend to tell you about the slow-cooker pho as a fast night supper and my lavender and honey roast chicken which is a favourite (and surprisingly quick) non-fast weeknight supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment